View Single Post
Old June 9 2013, 09:20 AM   #61
beamMe
Fleet Captain

Re: concept art and set photos!

throwback wrote: View Post
Yes, I do, for I think the current bridge would be unworkable for anyone over a long period of time. And, the use of white as a visual metaphor for futuristic technology is not new - it has been used for decades. For instance, the interiors of the station and Discovery in 2001.

I suffer from severe anxiety and depression, and I am more attuned to colors than I suppose is humanly possible. For me, I am unable to enter a Target store without hyperventilating. The red is intense.

So, what does white signify?

Just as black is total absorption, so white is total reflection. In effect, it reflects the full force of the spectrum into our eyes. Thus it also creates barriers, but differently from black, and it is often a strain to look at. It communicates, "Touch me not!" White is purity and, like black, uncompromising; it is clean, hygienic, and sterile. The concept of sterility can also be negative. Visually, white gives a heightened perception of space. The negative effect of white on warm colours is to make them look and feel garish.
(http://www.colour-affects.co.uk/psyc...ies-of-colours)

As for the interior color of the Vengeance, that well isn't new either. In the old Westerns, the good guys wore white hats and the bad guys wore black hats. As a viewer, we know the language of colors, and we associate white with good and black with bad. To see this dichotomy at work, look to the first Star Wars.

As for the interactive screens, I suppose over time that the user becomes accustomed to them. As a first time user, they seem cluttered.
The sets looked fine.
beamMe is offline   Reply With Quote