Old June 8 2013, 06:27 AM   #66
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Water Enhancers

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
Sector 7 wrote: View Post
I have never cared for "sweet tea", so I am no judge of same. In restaurants, before the diabetes, I would order both sweet and unsweetened teas and mix them. Now, I just order water with lemon.
I tried that once or twice. It was pretty good, as when I do want a sweet tea (very rarely), I want it to be mildly sweet. My Uncle used to make home brewed tea and he's just use a pinch of sweetener, and it tastes like unsweetened tea until you held it on your tongue for just a second, and that slight sweetness would creep in. It was quite good. I've managed to get that just right as well, and so if I want a little sweet, that's what I do. Otherwise, unsweetened all the way.

Unless it's peach tea. Peach tea is perfection if it's done right.
I love tea. I'm always drinking tea. I have some with me right now.

It's usually green or white tea, and always unsweetened. Always loose leaf, never the tea dust you can find in tea bags. I have the brewing amounts and time down to a science based on type of tea.

Mr Awe
I had to stop drinking tea altogether. It was causing kidney problems. Later, I learned that green tea can precipitate kidney stones in those who are prone to them [I am]. I am now so used to water with lemon that it is the only thing I order.