Re: So I'm Watching "Chains of Command"
Couldn't all of this been avoided if Jellico had taken Riiker aside and told:
1. Picard's mission makes him expendable.
2. We may be on the brink of war.
3. Because we may be going to war, I need you to make sure that my orders are followed without question.
4. If you can't do that I'll reassign you.
5. You are ordered to not discuss this with anyone.
Did I happen to mention, did I bother to disclose, this man we're seeking with a mole on his nose, I'm not sure of his clothes or anything else, except he's Chinese. A big clue by itself.
--David Addison, Moonlighting