View Single Post
Old June 7 2013, 05:11 AM   #2620
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

I really liked Fearless Defenders 5. The battle between Val and She-Hulk slated for next issue ought to fun. I really hope this book gets a shot at a decent-sized run.

I'm still enjoying Bendis' All-New X-Men. It was interesting to see the O5's reaction to Wanda, whom they only know as a member of Magneto's brotherhood, being an Avenger despite what she did to mutant-kind. Honestly, what Scott did to Xavier may have been a more personal blow to mutant-kind, but what Wanda (and Jean) have done in the past is far more horrific, and yet Wanda is forgiven.

Avengers 13 was fun. Battle with Terminus in the Savage Land. How can you go wrong? Despite liking this issue, I'm still hoping that Hickman will pick up the pace sooner rather than later.

Kick-Ass 3 #1. The end begins... rather slowly. The aborted attempt to break out Hit-Girl was funny (They all checkened out). Not as much blood and gore as I'm used to in a Kick-Ass book, but I'm sure Millar and Romita will make up for it before story's end.

The latest execution in Avengers Murder-Por-- Ah, that is Avengers Arena completely justifies my not touching that series with a ten-foot pole.

Next weeks previews...

Alpha: Big Time #5
Astonishing X-Men #63
Avengers Assemble #16
Avenging Spider-Man #22
Deadpool #11
Guardians of the Galaxy #3
Savage Wolverine #6
Thor: God of Thunder #9
Ultimate Comics X-Men #27
Uncanny X-Force #6
Venom #36
Wolverine #4
Wolverine Comic Reader #2
Wolverine & The X-Men #31

Only Guardians of the Galaxy 4 for me.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; June 7 2013 at 05:27 AM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote