View Single Post
Old June 7 2013, 03:08 AM   #179
Vulcan Logician
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Why Janeway is the Worst Star Trek Captain!

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
In the Pale Moonlight was not Prime Directive. First Sisko had permission from his superiors, and second, the Federation and Romulus had been to War. How they treated each other was decided by treaty. The Treaty of Cheron where the Earth Romulan War stopped, and the Treaty signed after the Tomed Incident in 2311.

What Ben did was scummy and broke some laws, but I doubt the Prme Directive was one of those laws.
Yes, you're right. What transpired in Pale Moonlight was not a violation of the prime directive. My post was more about how ALL captains bend their principles from time to time. Sisko, despite his occasional veer from the righteous path, usually sticks to the core principles of Star Fleet and the Federation.
Furthermore, ALL captains have broken the Prime Directive (except Archer for obvious reasons). Hence, all captains bear this aspect of "inconstancy" that is typically attributed to Janeway. That's my point.

PS: I am trying to remember if Sisko broke the directive at any point. Maybe he didn't. Anyone?
Vulcan Logician is offline   Reply With Quote