View Single Post
Old June 6 2013, 11:56 PM   #170
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: NBA 2012-13 Discussion

HaventGotALife wrote: View Post
Watching Chicago this season, with Marco Belinelli and Nate Robinson, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, and Joakim Noah, they have all the talent to win a Championship if Derrick Rose comes back. I agree their offense revolved too much around Rose in the 2011 and 2012 seasons. However, this group has gone into an opposing arena and won a game seven when they were injured and sick. Add Rose to that mix, I expect them to be the number 1 contenders entering next season, not Miami.
The Bulls don't have that other "dog" a team needs in order to win a championship. They still do it too much by commitee. You have to have a couple of guys who can score when the defense is tight and physical in the last minutes of late round playoff games on the road. The Bulls have only one. Deng is good, but he has not shown himself to be one of those guys. Carlos Boozer DEFINITELY isn't. If they get that "other" guy, though, with the way they defend and rebound, they can get a ring.
I have said, not here, that Carmelo Anthony is Bernard King, not Larry Bird to Lebron's Magic Johnson. He's just not that good.
I wouldn't even call Melo a Bernard King, because Bernard was tough, but I do get your point.