View Single Post
Old June 6 2013, 10:19 PM   #99
iguana_tonante
Admiral

Re: Strange Dark Matter Theory

This thread is slowly turning into "will someone checkproof my cosmological pet theory". I'm more than willing to help. For a price. We've all got bills to pay, and this is how I pay mine.

Crazy Eddie, I appreciate your curiosity and enthusiasm for the topic, but the points you raise are either nonsensical (a curved Minkowski's space?), or already well-known. Still, if you think your hypothesis is robust, I urge you to submit it to the scientific community. One way or the other, you will have your answer.

On the other hand, what I don't appreciate is the standard reply of "mean scientists are mean meanies" to cover one's shortcomings. What is see in your posts is a lot of "I have a feeling", "I believe", "my friend told me", "a professor once said to me", "what I hear from gripes". And I can tell you exactly what that is worth: Nada. Zero. Zilch. Nothing.

So, you can either support your pet theory, or you can't.

Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
Dark matter is simply a mathematical placeholder; arguing that we even have a convincing - aka, in accord with all experimental evidence, with properly determined characteristics, etc - conjecture as to what it is says more about the arguer.
Please tell me. I'm quivering in anticipation. Especially since I never argued that we know what it is, only how it behaves.

Asbo Zaprudder wrote: View Post
Crazy Eddie wrote: View Post
If you can put forth a substantial body of experimental data to show that equations of motion in curved spaces can be found using the Minkowski metric, I'd accept that as a fact.
If I could do that, we wouldn't be having this conversation, because you'd be reading about it in a newspaper and I'd be filthy rich.
I doubt that coming up with a replacement for GR would make anyone filthy rich. You might get tenure in a respectable university.
I am especially intrigued when people say that I am paid good money by the CIA, the Mossad, the Illuminati, the Vatican, and the Mafia to suppress the truth. I wish. I wish.