View Single Post
Old June 6 2013, 09:23 PM   #29
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness & The Bechdel Test

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
Maybe Uhura and Marcus get to work together in the next film. It'd be great if they got to "save the day" in some real way in addition to the boys.

I know, I know, I dare to hope...
teacake wrote: View Post
I want a hot woman villain. If she turns out to be the Romulan Commander from The Enterprise Incident so much the better.

Which man will she seduce away from duty this time? Shall we reverse engineer it again and make it Kirk?
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
I want a hot woman villain. If she turns out to be the Romulan Commander from The Enterprise Incident so much the better.

Which man will she seduce away from duty this time? Shall we reverse engineer it again and make it Kirk?
Hmm, a Romulan evil seductress. That doesn't sound too bad.
Speaking as a man, a woman villain MIGHT be good, but I want to see a movie that deals with exploring and encountering the unknown instead, like The Motion Picture, or as I mentioned before the novel The Galactic Whirlpool. I also think that Uhura & Marcus should be able to do something beyond what they did (substantial as it was for Uhura in this movie) the next time around (no near-naked anything of any of the ladies-maybe have a near naked Spock, Kirk, McCoy, Chekov, Scott, or Sulu being peeked at by Uhura or Marcus! )

BTW, this discussion (and others like it) reminds me of these pictures: