View Single Post
Old June 6 2013, 06:47 PM   #1611
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

He even specifically says it is a monster "1500 page manuscript like the last one", so he must be pretty far along. I know there were a few hundred pages left out of the previous book, and a few chapters he had written waaay back that keep getting pushed back, so it is possible he may be well on his way to having something to turn in this winter or next year.

Remember that the last 2 books were in large part 'filler' while pieces got moved around to where they needed to be to for the lead-up to the climax. Jon, Bran and a few other characters obviously had some very important events happen to them, but it is still mostly setup for what is to come. Now that everything is primed to go, I don't think it unlikely that his enthusiasm and pace have picked up as well.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote