Generations annoys me the most. The Nexus can send anyone anywhere back or forward in time. Picard's had a shit week:
- His uncle and nephew are dead
- Armagosa went nova, wiping out a star system
- Geordi was tortured by the Klingons
- Veridian went nova, wiping out a star system
- The Enterprise and her crew died in said supernova (although Picard may not have known this)
So he has the chance to go back and stop Soren; he could've gone back to 10 Forward and arrested him, preventing the loss the Armagosa star system.
He could've gone back a week and prevented the death of his family members.
So what does he do? Go back in time to 3 minutes before the trillithium device launches and tries to fight Soren exactly the same way but brings back a 67 year old guy to help.