View Single Post
Old June 6 2013, 03:47 AM   #18
SeerSGB
Admiral

Re: Which Star Trek movie has got the most plot holes? And the least?

Belz... wrote: View Post
SeerSGB wrote: View Post
-- TFF relies on Sybok getting a ship he can take over. And given that both the Klingons and Romulans would probably just kill him on sight, that leaves the Federation.
I still have a tough time believing the Romulans wouldn't send a ship there. Klingons, sure, they don't care. But the skeleton crew 1701-A is the only ship sent ? Why is that planet even important, then ?

Ship's phasers to stun (unless the refit did away with that option), stun the city, extract hostages, lock the rest in the brig.
I forgot they had that. Which episode was that in ?

-- FC relies on Data being so hot for the Borg Queen And jonesing to be human that he wastes the whole movie waiting for Picard to show up and have his Die Hard moment before trashing the coolant tanks--which just happen to be completely out in the opinion as brittle as glass.
I watched FC again the other day and I'm having more and more trouble getting into it. The whole idea that the Borg would wait at the very end of a pussy battle with the Federation to go back in time at a point where they would have a very small window of opportunity to screw over the Federation and assimilate Earth, rather than go back in time in their own space or outside Federation space and assimilate Earth at a time way before it had any means to defend itself, is ludicrous. At least The Final Frontier is unintentionally fun.
Piece Of The Action, they orbitally stunned the city/city block