View Single Post
Old June 5 2013, 11:02 PM   #857
Statja Q'bel
Ensign

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

I understand that Houston is referred to as Space City, correct? I have some friends that work for NASA out there. Is Space City also a reference to the song by Drive-By Truckers?

As for the premise for Enterprise, I actually enjoyed it, even if we generally knew what was coming after that. I guess in my perspective, it is like a history class (in the future). For example, we know that the Nazis in WWII were defeated. But that doesn't mean what happened before that historically is insignificant. As humans, knowing our history is relevant to what could come in the future. I mean, most of us know the old saying "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." I think that applies in the Star Trek world as well.

For me, watching Enterprise, and seeing the early discussions of the Prime Directive, and the development of the Federation really interested me. I guess I'm just wonky that way. History has always fascinated me, and with that, so has futuristic fantasy and speculative fiction.
Statja Q'bel is offline   Reply With Quote