View Single Post
Old June 5 2013, 08:08 PM   #27
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Generations Concept Uniforms?

Dukhat wrote: View Post

I didn't say that I liked them, just that they should have used them since they paid for them. I think they look stupid too.
Well, all I can say is that I completely disagree with this sentiment. I'm happy they did the best they could to address the problem instead of just having the movie look crappy.

But the only space station personnel we saw were on TNG, before DS9 started production.
We saw space station personnel wearing TNG style uniforms in season 6's "Aquiel" after Deep Space Nine began.

It's obvious that the change in uniform design for DS9 was to delineate a station uniform as opposed to a ship uniform at that time. And I believe the uniforms were referred to as station uniforms in the ST Encyclopedia.
It's not obvious at all. In fact the only evidence that points to that conclusion is the fact that we don't see them in use on starships until "Generations".

We also don't see them in use anywhere else until "Generations" except deep space nine, but it would be silly to think that following that logic they must only be in use on deep space nine and nowhere else.
Andymator is offline   Reply With Quote