View Single Post
Old June 4 2013, 11:44 PM   #6243
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Titus Andronicus wrote: View Post
I just can't believe the movie is almost here! I'm really excited about this.

And, frankly, I've just grown tired of folks saying they hate the film, can't stand what they see in the trailers, etc. I understand that. But why keep talking about it at this point? I think we should all take a deep breath and reflect on the fact that we have a summer where we have BOTH a Star Trek AND a Superman film. It's like a dream of mine came true for that to happen, heh.

Its actually a dream of mine, too. Except I'd call it more of a nightmare

Carcazoid wrote: View Post

Back on topic, in my opinion if you don't think you'll like this Man of Steel thing you shouldn't go to see it. It'll be out on video in a few months anyway, so you can save your money for whatever you spend your money on and rag on this movie when you see it free on tv.

But who knows? You might like it after all.
I was never planning to see it in theatres. I actually can't see any movies in theatres right now. I don't drive, the movie theatre is about 30 miles away, and while my Dad likes and would want to see a lot of the movies I do, my parents car isn't very good (it runs, but not very well) and it couldn't go the 30 miles even for the movies we really wanted to see in theatres (like the first hobbit, Avengers, and Iron Man 3). I'll definately see MoS on DVD, when the public library gets it. I don't intend to support this movie at all monetarily.

Also, going back to something else I said that acidentally caused a big argument, yesterday I decided to grab The Artist from the library. It was right there on the DVD rack, so I checked it out. I just watched it today. I'm forced to admit, I liked it. I was wrong about it being bad, and mostly wrong about it being artsy (I still think being a silent film in 2011 makes it technically artsy). Its not amazing, and I wouldn't give it an award or put it on a list of best/favorite movies, but it was a solidly entertaining film. I liked the characters, the story was told well in the format it was in (and was probably better like this than it would have been as a normal film) and it kept me interested and caring about the characters all the way through. It did drag a bit, but that wasn't a huge deal. The actors did a great job. It was an above average movie (not amazing, or really great, but above average and entertaining). So, I can admit to being wrong about it. It doesn't make me want to see any other silent films, but I can't deny its a good movie.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote