View Single Post
Old June 4 2013, 11:36 PM   #245
Bixby
Commander

Re: Star Trek Continues "Pilgrim of Eternity"

Gary7 wrote: View Post
Counselor: We know Picard had one aboard in TNG, so... why can't this incarnation of Kirk have one on board? And I don't think she'll end up relegated as just the ship's counselor or psychologist. There's plenty of possibilities. I don't see this is as a grave contrast to TOS. This is "post-TOS" so they do have liberty to do something like this. Just be thankful she's in a uniform.
Why can't Kirk have a counselor on board of TOS-era Enterprise? because it is the single WORST idea brought on by TNG-era Roddenberry and crew...ESPECIALLY that they gave the counselor a seat on the bridge right next to the Captain's. With all due respect to Marina Sirtis, every single time her character in her official position came on, it immediately applied the brakes to every story...To make sure the counselor had some part to play in the episode, the Captain has to be less of the character he needs to play, that of a decisive leader...

Please STContinues and Phase 2 filmmakers, jettison this concept and any characters associated with out into deep space , like YESTERDAY!!

As for the episode, Pilgrim of Eternity. I found it pleasant enough, but at the end of the day, the big problem is in the script! The episode itself is just not about ANYTHING in particular... You have TOS episodes such as CHARLIE X which is about the conflicts of a youth trying to be a man, THE ENEMY WITHIN (the duality of man), ARENA (wanton and unchecked warfare), the DEVIL IN THE DARK (prejudice against "strange"-looking foreigners)... and so on...

PILGRIM of ETERNITY...I can't figure out just what it is about...
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote