View Single Post
Old June 4 2013, 09:44 PM   #178
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Re: Game of Thrones 3.9 - "The Rains of Castamere" - Rate and discuss

I had to miss this episode Sunday due to a prior engagement. Then I log onto social media Monday and it was just filled with spoilers coming from all different kinds of people and sources. I did finally see the episode last night, but knowing that something "OMG" was going to happen and that it was going to happen to the Starks ("thanks" to whoever spoiled that to me over Facebook) the scene lost much of it's intended impact.

So I'm kind of doubly frustrated; frustrated that I didn't get the same experience that a lot of other people got, and frustrated that they've killed off some pretty likeable and important characters, and that in this universe the Starks will probably never be avenged.

Having gotten that off my chest, there's still things I like about the series and I'm sticking with it for now.

One other observation- the gratuitous violence in this season has gone a bit overboard, most notably in this last episode, and in the earlier episodes with the torture scenes. I like this show because it's smart, not because of the graphic portrayals of violence.