View Single Post
Old June 4 2013, 08:23 PM   #484
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Re: Starship Size Argument™ thread

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
In fact, someone show me where it is conclusively established that there are four or five decks along the saucer rim. 'Cause I don't think it ever was. Everyone is attacking me because I refuse to believe this, but in reality the deck plan of the Enterprise you're defending isn't canon.
Except no one here has claimed it was "conclusively established" or "canon." There is no official source backing up the claim of four or five decks in the saucer, and no one has cited such or claimed that it is official. What we are doing is providing visual evidence to support our point of view.

What has been established by the designers and in multiple official sources however, is the revised length of the movie Enterprise (which would be big enough to allow for four or five decks in the saucer rim), and you refuse to even acknowledge those sources, and cling to the obviously untrue 300 meter length because of... what? Tradition? It's a new movie series set in an alternate universe, so it's not as if the old Enterprise has vanished from existence or anything. Honestly, I don't understand why you consider it such a big deal.

You know, I wouldn't even particularly care if you just expressed your view and left it at that, but you keep making these conclusive declarations that "the argument is over!" and "this settles it" when nothing of the sort has happened, and you keep telling everyone to go off and do the work for you when you are the one making the extraordinary claims that need to be backed up with more evidence.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote