View Single Post
Old June 4 2013, 06:13 PM   #288
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

jjabrams wrote: View Post
I HATE the relationship!!

First, in the federation it is against regulation to have a relationship with a person you supervise - EXACTLY the reason why Spock was sending Uhura to the Farragut. Then to have her blackmail her way onto the ship cheapens BOTH of them. And, had that actually happened, Spock would have immediately ended the relationship it would only be logical.

Relationships are not prohibited on a Star ship - a Spock / Chapel relationship is OK as he is not her direct supervisor.

And of course the line "have I not demonstrated exceptional oral sensitivity" sickens me. It turns Uhura into not much more than a prostitute who is sleeping her way to the top - instead of the reality that was presented in TOS that she was the best damn communications officer in the fleet. It so saddens me that Nichols worked so hard to portray Uhura as both an intelligent black woman - to have jj Abrams movies reverse all of that makes me very sad.
The "oral" bit - how quaint.

I recommend putting in some time reading the forum. You know: bring the shtick a little closer to current. [Edit: And mind your quote tags, please; you had your words and CommishSleer's reading as if they were written by the same person. Fixed now. - M']

teacake wrote: View Post
So if you speak Klingon AND you give good head the head cancels out the Klingon?

This seems unfair.
:snerk:

Last edited by M'Sharak; June 4 2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: fixed now
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote