View Single Post
Old June 4 2013, 03:55 AM   #19
Albertese
Commodore

Re: Let's Discuss the Romulan Bird of Prey!

I'm not sure how I feel about the "holes" being related to the cloaking device. If that were the case, then why are there so many on the top and edge surfaces but none on the wings or the bottom surface? Also, the only times (that I can recall) actually seeing the actual "cloaking device" was when Kirk stole one during "The Enterprise Incident" where it was a relatively small and surprisingly light object (Kirk carried it easily tucked under one arm, and again in DS9 when Quark and Nog steal one from Martok's ship to smuggle into the Mirror universe to pay a ransom for Zek. In that case, the object seemed bigger than the old Romulan one (judging from how the actors mimed it... since it was invisible) and also seemed quite a lot heavier. Did we ever actually see the cloaking device on the Defiant?

I guess, I'm not sure there's any evidence to suggest that the cloaking device is a huge system requiring a bunch of shipboard infrastructure (though you'd think it would be). Really it seems like it's just a device that makes the shields do something different than usual.

Seems like a lot of little windows for sensors though. And, again, why not have any that point down?

--Alex