View Single Post
Old June 4 2013, 03:02 AM   #6221
JD
Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post

Kirk55555 have you ever even tried any silent movies? If not you should seriously check out Metropolis, it's a great sci-fi movie with some impressive visual effects and a good story.

I used to be like you, but then I actually tried some foreign movies and indie movies, and I now really like them. You really don't need big budget effect or big actions scenes to make a good movie. All you need is a good story, and some talented people to bring that story to life.
I don't neccessarily need big budgets or anything, i just have certain types of films I like. I just can't even consider watching a silent film. Its completely unappealing. I'd lose my mind in the first ten minutes, even if it was a type more appealing than a romance movie like The Artist.
Why? I'm assuming based on your posts here that you don't have any problems reading. I understand you thought The Artist was stupid because it was made during a time where sound available, but what's so bad about a silent movie made before sound became available?