View Single Post
Old June 4 2013, 01:28 AM   #6217
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Gojira wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post

Honestly, I don't even hate Nolan all that much any more, in a general sense. His superhero work is crap and he sucks when it comes to that, but after really liking Memento and Inception, I've been forced to admit that he's not a horrible director/writer/etc, he just can't do superhero movies (and probably any movie with an already established character). In that genre, he's sucked and made the worst movies in the superhero genre ever, even including stuff like Catwoman and Fantastic Four 2.

But, he can make a good movie, just not with superheroes. He's not like JJ abrams, who I do hate in general and wish would just stop ruining my favorite sci Fi. I'd be as open minded about an interesting sounding Nolan film that has nothing to do with superheroes as most people are about movies in general. He can make good non-superhero movies, and he can make bad. I'll never be a fan really, and there was a time where I considered him just like JJ abrams and thought everything he did was something i'd despise, but at this point if its not involving superheroes, I can (and probably will be) open minded about his movies, as long as they don't have a completely ridiculous premise. Man of Steel obviously is a type of nolan movie that is set up for me to hate it, and the trailers and TV spots do nothing but support my idea that it will be horrible. That said, if it actually turned out to be something I liked I'd admit it, but I just don't think there is the slightest chance of that.
Did you see the featurette? It shows we are not getting the Hobo Superman or the emo Superman you once thought.

What would it take to opne your mind?
I didn't know about that featurette, but it doesn't change anything. None of the people in it were neccessarily being honest. They're just trying to sell the movie, they'll say whatever they are told to say.

The featurette just makes it worse, it looks more like the horrible Nolan Batman movies to me now. Everything they said sounds like Nolan's Batman. I watched it all, and all it did was make me hate this movie more than I already did. I just wanted to see someone punch everyone in that featurette. The whole anti-underwear thing almost made me scream. They're all morons. All the pics of the kryptonians look like a blind person made their costumes. They look stupider than the Guardians in the Green Lantern movie, and they had clear heads and robes that were about 20 feet long.

They also showed Russel Crowe "armor up" like he's freaking Iron Man. The pics of Krypton make it seem like they all live in caves, because thats exactly where you move to if you have any kind of technology, dank looking caves with no devices or technology visible. Don't forget to have everything look dark and be painted grey. Also, he may not technically be "Hobo clark" but he is exactly what I said, an agsty a-hole looking to "find himself", which one of the people outright said. They showed the Johnathon Kent wants kids to drown scene, because that just screams superman. Also, Amy Adams is as bland as I thought she was, she looks like an extra. She was kind of annoying me in her few c"interview" clips in the featurette, but most actors are annoying when they're being told to sell their movie. I hope she has a lot of personality, or she'll be a pretty forgettable Lois at best. So, overall, the featurette disproved nothing, enhanced the things I hate from what we've seen so far, and actually showed more horrible things. I'm also now convinced that Snyder is an a-hole. It could probably only be worse if Zod had a goofy voice like Bane. Its surprising that, even at this late date, they can still show new things that make me hate this movie more.

sojourner wrote: View Post
Just curious, how old are you?
22 years old
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote