View Single Post
Old June 4 2013, 12:20 AM   #1688
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

thumbtack wrote: View Post
If there's a break out blockbuster in the remaining summer months, it will probably be something unexpected.
The three biggest blockbusters for the rest of the summer will probably be entirely expected: Man of Steel, Monsters University, and Despicable Me 2.

The last few summers have delivered five or six films that have gone over $200 million domestic and one or two that have gone over $300 million or $400 million. This summer looks to be no different. In fact it may end up doing better. This May set the best domesic attendance in 10 years even adjusting for inflation.

Tracking for Now You See Me was in the high teens to low 20s, not 31. It exceeded expectations by quite a bit. Latest tracking numbers in the BoxOffice.com forum have Man of Steel staying steady at 125 and The Lone Ranger improving to 65.

Edited to add: since I posted some new tracking numbers now have Man of Steel at 90 and The Lone Ranger at 80 (although whether that's for the 3-day or the long holiday weekend isn't known). World War Z is up to 65.

Last edited by Out Of My Vulcan Mind; June 4 2013 at 12:43 AM.
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote