View Single Post
Old June 3 2013, 09:32 PM   #275
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

@seven14

I feel better about the actors' motivation after watching that UK late show vid, but I still feel the same way about the movie. Even if there are a few hand touches or looks or whatever in this film, that doesn't change the fact that their relationship was still handled poorly. The writing didn't do it justice and neither did the filming/editing for the most part.

For the loss of Vulcan, Spock's mother, and his story to be such a big part of the last film, it felt like they just glazed over it in this one. The obviously had other goals, though. It has to be hard to build on what you did in the last film when you are trying to borrow from The Dark Knight, provide nonstop action for the sake of action, and recreate TWOK.

I truly hope they follow up on Spock/Uhura in the next film in a more believable and adult way. It would be great if they could make that film as though this one didn't really happen. Considering the fact that it should start off with their 5 year mission, I don't think that should be much of a problem.

Hembie wrote: View Post
All will be forgiven if they can show more love in the third.
Yeah, more love and growth would be nice between the 2. They should be working on a loving harmony as a couple, imo.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote