View Single Post
Old June 3 2013, 06:04 PM   #15
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: Do we even want another Star Trek movie?

It doesn't matter whether anyone wants another Trek movie or not. We're getting one anyway, because the cast are contractually obligated for three movies. So this post is pointless.

Now with that said, if you asked me whether I want more Trek movies after Star Trek XIII set in the Abramsverse (or another possibility, another reboot entirely), then my answer would be yes. As BillJ mentioned, I'm totally fine with movies every three or four years.

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Personally, so far I see no justification for the reboot. This film ends with everyone back in the saddle to start the 5 year mission. In hindsight, NOTHING was at stake. Nobody of the main characters died, Vulcan's destruction is glossed over, and so forth.
As I stated above, none of the main characters dies because they have to be in all three films. And seriously Jarod, even if this Trek were as completely different as you seem to want it, do you really think that the main characters would die anyway? Oh, and Vulcan's destruction wasn't glossed over, since it was deemed such an important event for the security of the Federation that Starfleet...
(spoiler)
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
...built an uber-dreadnought.

Last edited by Dukhat; June 3 2013 at 08:37 PM.
Dukhat is online now   Reply With Quote