View Single Post
Old June 3 2013, 04:22 PM   #65
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

Re: Game of Thrones 3.9 - "The Rains of Castamere" - Rate and discuss

Venardhi wrote: View Post
sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
Yeah, yeah. I know that and I've heard it all before. And I was drinking the Kool Aid too and listening to the audiobooks in 2011. Then the Red Wedding happened. I could hardly make it through book 3 after that. Then I quit. After reading what happens in books 4 and 5, I guess I saved myself the trouble.

Like I said earlier in the thread, if I wanted suffering and doom, there's any number of Russian novels for me down at the library.

The Fat Man probably thought he was creative, but actually wrote himself into a corner. And now he doesn't know what to do and is dragging his feet in finishing the series.
You make a compelling argument for not bothering to read your posts in the future.
Prove me wrong, then. You know what happens in books 4 and 5. You know how long he took to write them. Tell me that he hasn't written himself into a corner, is trying to get out, and had no idea what to do so he just started pulling stuff out of his ass from the moment he wrote the Red Wedding. I'm genuinely open minded here.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote