View Single Post
Old June 3 2013, 03:08 PM   #274
Hembie
Commander

Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

seven14 wrote: View Post
How are you feeling now about the S/U scenes now @Hembie? (I've bolded and underlined that sentence in your original post as this was exactly how I felt after my 1st viewing) have you had a chance to see the movie more than once or in 3D as you wished? Were you able to see the hand-holding in 3D because we don't have the movie in IMAX in my area and I wasnt able to see it in 3D as I planned earlier.

I'm feeling much better. There were a couple of scenes of handholding in the backround (as noted upthread) and longing looks. I also noticed more on the second viewing that Spock voice waivers noticibly in the shuttle scene. He actually sounds upset.

It was all just odd editing. Like the relationship was all there in the movie but the director chose to use different angled shots. At the very least I'm convinced that TPTB are committed to continuing the relationship, but there is not question the focus was so much more intense in the first movie.

All will be forgiven if they can show more love in the third. And who knows what we'll get in the deleted scenes.
Hembie is offline   Reply With Quote