View Single Post
Old June 3 2013, 02:33 PM   #167
Commishsleer
Fleet Captain

View Commishsleer's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

BillJ wrote: View Post
CommishSleer wrote: View Post
GMDreia wrote: View Post
A few of you mentioned Janice Lester. Frankly, I'd be just as happy if they just retconned it so that women could always be captain - and Janice couldnt be captain because she was NUTS, not because she was a woman.

after all, we saw women captains in the movies.
I just don't think we've seen enough (if any) women Captains in this universe to prove JL wrong.
In TOS including the movies I remember just one woman captain and that was well after the time of JL.
There's at least one wearing captains stripes in the briefing after the Harrison attack.
Yeh but the only captains we really know about are Pike, Robau, Marcus, Kirks and that guy Spock was assigned to.
I saw that there were women in that captains/FO meeting but it was very much in the background. I doubt the non-Star Trek fans saw it. If JL came in raving about no women captains unless you were looking quickly you might agree with her. Of course Spock could just list off the women captains.
But if there were clearly women captains and she was insane she'd find something different to be oppressed about.
Commishsleer is offline   Reply With Quote