View Single Post
Old June 3 2013, 10:49 AM   #39
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor
Re: Game of Thrones 3.9 - "The Rains of Castamere" - Rate and discuss

Wow, that was simply...devastating.

The level of sheer cruelty was shocking and overwhelming. Stabbing Talisa multiple times in the stomach just after she and Robb saw the future with the unborn Eddward, Catelyn begging for her son's life, only to see him slain by a bannerman, quickly followed by her own death. All this on the treachery of hospitality, just as Arya was to reunite with her mother and brother.

And this thought comes to mind, one that I've been quietly carrying with me since the first episode: Bran didn't see his mother after his fall and he will never see her again.

Vyse wrote: View Post
Even with reading all the books, and knowing this was coming, it was still so brutal. Michelle Fairley should get an Emmy nomination for this episode. That scream was just, so haunting.
Agreed. I was shocked and sadden by Talisa's and Robb's murder, but Catelyn's final moments had me in tears and that's thanks to Michelle Fairley's hollowing performance.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote