View Single Post
Old June 3 2013, 06:21 AM   #946
JD
Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
As for the Cyclops comment, what is so stupid about that idea? Are you saying a little person shouldn't play a heroic character like Cyclops?
Yes. Because Cyclops is a tall, athletic young man and a world class pilot. His character is not appropriate for a dwarf actor anymore than it would be for a morbidly obese actor or a ridiculously tall one.
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
As for the Cyclops comment, what is so stupid about that idea? Are you saying a little person shouldn't play a heroic character like Cyclops?
Yes. Because Cyclops is a tall, athletic young man and a world class pilot. His character is not appropriate for a dwarf actor anymore than it would be for a morbidly obese actor or a ridiculously tall one.
Thats what I mean. I think everyone should have the chance to play different roles. There can be heroic characters played by small people. that said, sometimes people just don't fit a role, and its because of physical attributes. A small person really can't play cyclops in a serious movie. A fat person can't play Reed Richards either, and a white guy would probably not be hired to play Black Panther. You can tweak characters sometimes, but there are limits.
I wasn't specifically talking about Cyclops, I was just talking about those kinds of hero characters.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote