View Single Post
Old June 2 2013, 11:09 PM   #223
sj4iy
Commander

Re: Matt Smith's Departure Confirmed.

DalekJim wrote: View Post
bryce wrote: View Post
ANYWAY, I'd be cool with a female Doctor...if just to see the part of the fanbase that includes people like DalekJim and all the others that just can't STAND the idea of a female Doctor go ballistic. All those people who swear LOUDLY that they will "NEVER WATCH DOCTOR WHO AGAIN IF THE DOCTOR BECOMES FEMALE!!!" - good riddance to 'em!
What are you talking about? Doctor Who is my favourite show and I have at no point threatened to quit watching.

Seriously, what's wrong with a female Doctor.
I don't think Moffat would write her well. I've explained it a bunch of times. I just don't see how it's worth the risk, how it really adds to the character, or how it is anything but a corny gimmick and a patronising attempt at political correctness. If that makes me sexist then so be it. I act the same when people request a female James Bond. I just don't get liberals a lot of the time.

Nobody of consequence is offended by The Doctor being male. Why cater to those that are? Why aim the show at such people? Why?
It's not about offending people, it's about creating new stories to keep the show fresh. Anyway, it's pretty difficult to complain or judge something that may not even happen this time anyway. It's the same thing people have been complaining about and worrying about for years, and no matter who is picked, people will worry and whine about it.

"Fear me. I've killed all of them."
sj4iy is offline   Reply With Quote