View Single Post
Old June 2 2013, 10:31 PM   #33
M
Vice Admiral

Re: "Pilgrim Of Eternity" - is it good enough?

Warped9 wrote: View Post
Just finished watching the two part "Blood and Fire." It quite closely follows the original novel. There are some changes, of course, by needing to fit within the Star Trek universe.
Which novel?

Warped9 wrote: View Post
plynch wrote: View Post
Great! The Sulu one will be tonight's entertainment after a bike ride.
Uh, Sulu isn't the gay character in "Blood and Fire." In fact Sulu is definitely straight and also a father in the previous episode.
I don't think plynch is implying that Sulu is one of the gay characters in "Blood and Fire", but merely letting us know that he's going to watch "World Enough and Time" tonight.

As for the question, which episode of Phase II to watch first: I would go with "To Serve All My Days" and "World Enough and Time", both feature solid scripts, good and great acting and neat production values. When I saw those for the first time, I was blown away by their quality and the dedication of those who make these kind of fan films.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about "The Child" which also works great. I especially liked the guest cast in this one, even if some of the plotting wasn't all that great.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote