View Single Post
Old June 2 2013, 04:43 PM   #163
LtChange
Commander

Re: STAR TREK: a series treatment starring APRIL and COLT

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
Well I read the whole thing - it's a lot of horse droppings - one of the main problems with it is that it assumes that anyone normal gives a shit about matching up the old series with the new films - nobody gives a crap beyond a small group of hardcore nerds. That's before you get into the tonal problems.
Agreed. I'm a Star Trek fan, I enjoy every single series, from TOS to ENT without any exception, but I really don't give a crap matching the continuity.

To the author: did you ever saw the episode "Parallels"? That episode alone, aired in 1993, explains the existence of the new universe from 2009. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, we do not need any fixing. We have 716 (I have included Tha Cage and the animated series in the counting) tv episodes to watch and re-watch and 10 movies before the new universe and who knows what the future brings, we might get back to that universe someday. The basic idea is that we can enjoy both the prime universe and the alternate one together as explained in Parallels, and we do not need any fixing. Anyhow: 22 minutes sitcom style? No thank you ... That would turn me away from the series. And all this continuity fixing, and reusing as homages footage from previous series you really think it would have an audience that would sustain Star Trek in TV? I think for the casual audience it would be just confusing and they would turn away ...
LtChange is offline   Reply With Quote