View Single Post
Old June 2 2013, 10:23 AM   #134
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Matt Smith's Departure Confirmed.

solariabsg25 wrote: View Post
Alexander Siddig is an actor I hadn't considered, but the more I think of it, the more I think he would be ideal. He's not a well-known actor, and he has the acting chops to do the role justice. Idris Elba may be banded about, but honestly I think he has too big a career, he's spent a long time building up his resume, and I don't think the BBC will be able to let him have enough time off to pursue the other roles he would enjoy, and Luther is still very successful.

As to a woman, while many of us fans may accept it, we aren't the people the BBC are aiming for.

If a woman becomes the Doctor, how many eight year old boys will be running around the playground with the new sonic, shouting "I'm the Doctor?"
Yes but you could say instead of 8 year old boys running around the playground shouting "I'm the Doctor", you could have 8 year old girls running around the playground "Shouting I'm the Doctor"
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote