View Single Post
Old June 2 2013, 07:40 AM   #110
Australis
Writer

Re: Matt Smith's Departure Confirmed.

Enough with the Chiwitel Ejifor/Idris Elba stuff. I wouldn't cast a black actor, simply because of that bloody academic paper.

And a female Doctor would be weird. Sorry of I seem sexist and racist, but no. You wouln't get either of those guys or Tilda Swinton, they'd want too much money.

That said... Lenny Henry might be interesting. And Lara Pulver (Irene Adler, 'Sherlock') would be good if she could bring that same energy to the show.

Was chatting with a chap at my bookclub meeting yesterday. We bemoaned the downturn in the quality of recent Who, and he had an interesting take: that they are trying way too hard to appeal to the US market, to rake in even more dollars. The show has definitely changed, there's something missing. And if this is correct, they won't change the Doctor from being a white male, not wanting to rock the boat.
"Ö Times change, and so must IÖ we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and thatís okay, thatís good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote