View Single Post
Old June 2 2013, 12:58 AM   #83
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Re: STAR TREK: a series treatment starring APRIL and COLT

Zekkie, take a deep breath. A lot of people are giving you sound advice, here.

zekkie wrote: View Post
then i intend to outdo him, by about 40 Emmy's. (noms, anyway)
Are you serious ? If so, you are going to be dissapointed, man. I think you should be more realistic, here. Listen to the people you present your ideas to.

My 2 cents: Trek works better as drama with _some_ humour in it, not comedy. And second:

like i said, this encompasses the expanded continuity of licensed productions.
...you're further restricting the number of people who, off the bat, would be interested in your idea, by stepping outside of even live-action canon. There aren't 20 million hard-line Trek fans in the world probably.

this series is a vehicle to tell the story of Kirk and Spock, if folks will read beyond a couple paragraphs.
I perused the whole thing. Remember I stopped at "comedy" on my first pass ? My guess is that a studio exec will stop after "Exploring the universe of throwaway lines and exposition .08".

Now, I disagree with some of your critics here that it can't work without Kirk and Spock. TNG proved that it can. But it proved that because it was a kick-ass show back then, with little that the viewer had to know about Trek because it was in a completely different time period. Can you say the same about yours ?

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote