View Single Post
Old June 2 2013, 12:44 AM   #73
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Re: STAR TREK: a series treatment starring APRIL and COLT

zekkie wrote: View Post
i appreciate criticism, but not veiled attempts at trying to paint me as a hack who has $25.
I don't think that was the idea. You made a point that it was registered with the WGA to make it more impressive. Maurice simply pointed out that it's not impressive.

the timeline can be reconciled. it's called inventive storytelling.
You can't reconcile two contradictory things: in one timeline, there's a Vulcan in 2268. In the other, there is not after 2258. You'll have a hard time "reconciling" that. But that's not the point. The point is that nobody will care about that.

APRIL was the first captain of the Enterprise.
Yes, in supplementary material. They could change it without problem, since it was never stated onscreen.

special reuse of stock effects.
I don't really watch tv anymore, but do they still do that nowadays ?

I want to give them Kirk and Spock, if you'll read a bit
In how many years ? Again: this treatment sounds like a pitch for you or fans, not the general public or studio guys.

the criticism in this thread has basically amounted to equivocation, without review of the material.
I assume you posted here to get honest evaluation of your treatment. If you're going to treat your critics like people who don't know what they are talking about, then you are doomed to failure.

I do hope you report back here to tell us of your success or failure, however. In the interest of honesty of course.

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote