View Single Post
Old June 1 2013, 11:40 PM   #196
beamMe
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Continues "Pilgrim of Eternity"

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
beamMe wrote: View Post
I read so many (wrong) posts here criticising a lack of character development in the last two Star Trek movies, and now you three here tell me character growth doesn't matter?
I think, for our production at least, we are generally content to show the same amount and kinds of growth in the character that we saw them undergo back during the 80 hours of Trek in the 1960s. I'm not exactly sure how much of TOS's popularity was driven by character development. I think that Star Trek, like its sister show Mission: Impossible, was largely plot-driven. But I'm sure Kirk must have grown and developed substantially between "Where No Man Has Gone Before" and "Turnabout Intruder."

I think your suggestions, though, would make for a very interesting approach to Star Trek that many people would like to see. I know *I'd* watch it! I think just about everyone here would be encouraging of your efforts.
The passive-aggressive-ness of that last sentence really wasn't necessary.

I know that I neither have the resources nor the talent to do a tiny fraction of what you've accomplished.

You see my comments as an attack on fan productions; they aren't one.
It's just a direction I'd like you, who have proven your talent, to try and take; to make a Star Trek of your own; to be unburdened of all that canon.
beamMe is offline   Reply With Quote