Thread: River Song Day!
View Single Post
Old June 1 2013, 05:33 AM   #10
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor
Re: River Song Day!

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Have someone other than Steven Moffat write her, in a non-timey-wimey, routine adventure. Maybe a companion-lite episode, where Clara (or her successor) has gone to study graphology, and the Doctor and River run into each other not by choice but by chance. She didn't try to draw his attention, he's just there. It could be a bit "Captain's Holiday," come to think of it. (Oh, damn, I didn't realize until now that River Song equals Vash.) Let the audience see River in a "normal" setting so they can see how she functions when she's not a walking plot point, and I think the response to the character would be different. However, like I said, it's probably far too late for that.

Spoilers!
I quite like River Song in all of her appearances (but I'm also not surprised that there are a lot of people who hate her) and I have to say I really like this idea. Granted part of her appeal is the mystery of character's history and that's almost entirely gone, but as you said, a large reason why she's so great is Alex Kingston's performance. It would be very nice to have her have a regular, "simple" adventure with The Doctor.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote