View Single Post
Old June 1 2013, 03:10 AM   #48
The Wormhole
Re: "After Earth" - Trailer (M. Night Shyamalan, Will & Jayden Smith)

So, is this also our discussion thread? Whatever, is now.

I will describe After Earth in a word: Boring. The entire movie is basically a loser teenager wandering through a jungle, constantly screwing up since his emotionally distant daddy never shows affection. The kid eventually has a blowing up spat where he cries over what he feels are mistakes, daddy gives fatherly advice, eventually there's a showdown with an alien where the kid finally finds his mojo, kills the alien and now has self confidence or something. Yeah, not really impressed with this.

Really, I was on the fence about seeing this since I generally don't care for M. Night Shyamalan movies but I do enjoy Will Smith movies. Obviously I decided to give it a shot anyway. Whatever, even Will Smith can have a stinker, I guess.

And those future accents really were distracting. Yeah, I get what they were trying to do, giving the film's world its own identity, but it just didn't work for me.
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote