View Single Post
Old November 16 2005, 10:26 PM   #96
StolenThunder
Poster

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

I'm a little late to the party, but since this is the series forum in which I post the most I really ought to say hello.

I'm Joe - or StolenThunder pretty much everywhere I go on the Internet. I'm twenty years old and English, but living in Scotland where I'm at university reading medicine.

I've been around these parts for more than four years now and I'll have been a moderator (for the GTD forum exclusively, no less!) for three come January. The major topics are cyclic but there's been more than enough fun, clever and novel discussion to keep me a member and an active one for a long time. I'm not as noticed as I have been in the past (polite way of saying I posted a lot) but I enjoy the forums I frequent.

TNG has always been my favourite series though I was late for the party: only catching it as series seven aired on the BBC. The mid-nineties was a golden age for repeated and new Star Trek and other SF&F so I saw a whole lot of TOS, TNG and DS9 in a short space of time (on a B&W TV no less!) as well as a whole lot of duff sci-fi: Buck Rodgers, Space Precinct 88, Space: 1999, Battlestar Galactica, BSG 80 and so on and so forth.

I've gradually lost interest in most cult TV because I don't consider much of it particularly good (notable exceptions being Firefly, Buffy, Angel), however my love for Star Trek hasn't changed. There's definitely been a downturn of late: I was very disappointed in Enterprise and Nemesis gets a little bit worse every time I watch it; but I can rewatch an episode of TOS, TNG, DS9 or Voyager any time I wish without anything getting stale.

Hm. Witter witter witter. I'll stop.

But..

But..

TNG rawks.
StolenThunder is offline   Reply With Quote