View Single Post
Old May 31 2013, 09:43 PM   #1000
Ghostface1701
Commander

Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

davejames wrote: View Post
Huh, never noticed before in Yesterday's Enterprise that Castillo actually taps his movie-era command badge at one point to talk to someone.

I wonder if that was just another continuity error (of which there are many in this episode), or if we're meant to think Starfleet really did switch to communicator badges during the Enterprise-C era.
Yeah, I always figured communicator tech had advanced so much by Castillo's era that it could be fitted in a badge for the first time. Later as technology improved, it inspired the shrinking of the comm badges further.

And while I never gave it much thought before, I have to agree with Moore in the commentary that this episode REALLY deserved to be a two-parter. There's just so many great side-stories and interesting avenues they could have gone down with these alternate characters, and it's a shame we never got to see them.
I'm conflicted about this. There isn't a single wasted second in Yesterday's Enterprise, and I think too many two-parters end up struggling to fill the running time. A 60 minute episode would be great, but 90 minutes?
Ghostface1701 is offline   Reply With Quote