View Single Post
Old November 15 2005, 04:00 AM   #26
Kevin Thomas Riley
Admiral

Re: ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Well, I guess I'll throw my weight around here too!

I'm 37 years old. Got hooked on Star Trek when I was a wee lad in the 70s and they aired some original series episodes in my country. My nick reflects that. I was already a huge space and sci-fi geek so Trek was just up my alley. Spock was the favourite character and I have had a fascination for Vulcans ever since, and as I got older I seemed to appreciate the pointy-eared gals as much (T'Pring, Saavik) and now I'm hopelessy devoted to the Vulcan goddess T'Pol!

I got pretty tired of the über-perfect TNG era in Trek but I watched what I could of that show and of VOY. When ENT came along it was a breath of fresh air. I love the prequel setting. Although season 2 was less than inspired I stuck around. For one I learned online that things were going to improve in season 3 and, well, if I could stomach 7 years of VOY then I should survive one measly season worth of ENT. Besides, I wanted my T'Pol fix.

Never in a million years would I have considered myself a "shipper" by any stretch so imagine my surprise when Trip and T'Pol sucked me right in. Now I cannot imagine ENT without them! :thumbsup: