View Single Post
Old May 31 2013, 04:25 AM   #283
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Re: MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Use of Time wrote: View Post
Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post

If you're intentionally trying to bean their head, I'll agree. If you're throwing up and in to get them off the plate because they're crowding it, that's completely justifiable.
I don't think it's justifiable to even intentionally create a risk of hitting someone's head. If he was trying to get him to back off the plate by throwing near his head and actually hit his head, you would find that to be ok?

I generally don't have a problem with players pegging other players, but I do have a problem with them doing it in the head.
Would I find it justifiable to pitch inside to a player crowding the plate? Yes and so would just about any coach under the sun from high school up to the show. I'm with you about not aiming for the head but if you are saying to avoid pitching inside to completely erase the possibility of a head shot then you would probably not make it out of high school as a pitcher. Its extremely rare that a pitcher ever deliberately aims for the head so I find this concern somewhat unwarranted.
The rarity that this happens is up for debate, but the poster I was responding to specifically spoke in favor of aiming towards a player's head if he is crowding the plate, so I was only responding to that.

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Only time I'd ever root against the Mets is a Subway Series.
You don't root against the Mets, you root FOR the Yankees. Rooting against a team means you have no confidence in your team.
I'm rooting against both the Yankees and the Mets