View Single Post
Old May 30 2013, 09:25 PM   #20
eskyliz
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Why Janeway is the Worst Star Trek Captain!

[QUOTE=Zameaze;8176663]
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
OK, let's go on to another episode. In "Scorpion" Janeway is in trouble so she offers the Borg a way to defeat their enemy. She thinks it will be all better if she gives some really, really advanced technology to starfleet's worst enemy.
Well it seemed to turn out fine in the end didn't it? And they got Seven out of it all which is a huge plus seeing as how they probably could not have reached Earth without her.

But since you seem to think that decision was a mistake, let me say this. All captains, whether you think them awful or not, make mistakes. No question about it. Janeway reached home with her crew still alive and her ship still intact and I'd say that's a pretty huge accomplishment.

She made a few questionable decisions. Kind of like every other captain. She made a few mistakes. Just like every other captain. But she got home. So yes, she did make mistakes (although I still don't think what you mentioned was one of them) but you're forgetting everything she did right.
"That may be the most important thing to understand about humans. It is the unknown that defines our existence. We are constantly searching, not just for answers to our questions, but for new questions. We are explorers." - Captain Sisko
eskyliz is offline   Reply With Quote