View Single Post
Old May 30 2013, 07:48 PM   #13
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Dumping Cable & Getting a Roku - Advice Needed

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
Hulu Plus ($9 a month) allows you to watch network television shows the day after they air, and Hulu Plus is an option on the Roku box. So for the price of a Roku Box, and about $17 (Hulu and Netflix combined) a month, you can pretty effectively cut the cord to your cable TV.
Regarding Hulu Plus, why can't those shows just be watched for free on the Network websites? I am trying to figure out the advantage that Hulu Plus has over watching the shows for free on, say, NBC.com. There must be some advantage or else people wouldn't purchase it, I just can't figure out what it is yet.
Because with Hulu Plus, you can watch an entire series rather than just the last few new episodes, and that this includes older TV series' that won't get broadcasted on the network websites.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote