View Single Post
Old May 30 2013, 07:45 PM   #6112
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
That Amy adams stuff actually surprised me. I mean, did that many people watch Night at the Museum 2 or Enchanted?
Yes, they were both big hits.

To me, she's just a woman I've seen in small parts or in a bad movie like Night at the Museum 2, and those seem to be what her normal role is.
Forgive me, but only someone with a very limited knowledge of film could think that.
I'm not a film expert. Looking at most of her movies on wikipedia, they're mostly styff stuff I have absolutely no interest in. I'm not arguing that I have the same tastes as snob film critics, I don't. I realised that a long time ago, and I'm reminded whenever stupid things like silent movies or films about a gameshow in india are declared the best movie of the year.

Still, looking at her movies on wikipedia, are low budget drama's or adaptations of stage plays that popular? What about movies that are completely made for women?Am I that ignorant because I haven't seen Junebug? Or Doubt, Julie & Julia, or The Fighter? These are not what I'd call normal movies, from the perspective of movies trying to get a general audience and not just specific demographics like only women, or people that like independant stuff. Not that she hasn't done several general movies, but all the movies that are listed as having a bunch of awards are mostly bizarre movies that I don't think I'd be expected to have seen even if I did watch more general movies and less sci-fi/fantasy. Also, Night at the Museum was a horrible movie, regardless of how much money it made. I'm not arguing that she's well known to some people, I'm just saying she's not what I'd call a generally famous star that everyone should probably be expected to know.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote