View Single Post
Old May 30 2013, 06:49 PM   #6109
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

JD wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Amy Adams looks a hell of a lot better than 'ole snaggle tooth that they got to play Mary Jane Watson.
I don't know, I think Kirsten Dunst is attractive. Not the most attractive actress by any stretch, but decent and she is definately better looking than Amy Adams. Still, talking about this is especially pointless because who people find attractive is even more diverse than what movies people like, and even more a matter of opinion. Besides, I don't care if Lois is attractive if she's played well (and the Lois's in the first 4 Superman movies weren't women I'd call attractive, either).
I'm pretty sure he was talking about Shailene Woodley, The Amazing Spider-Man 2's MJ.
And Amy Adams is a very popular A-List actress. She's been in some very popular, well received movies, and she's been nominated for a ton of acting awards over the years. She's pretty much a household name at this point, so I don't how you could think she's not famous. She's very famous.
That Amy adams stuff actually surprised me. I mean, did that many people watch Night at the Museum 2 or Enchanted? Catch Me if You Can was a good movie, but her role was pretty small (I couldn't even remember who she was, but Wikipedia says she was in it). Of her other movies, its just stuff I've never heard of (which is most of it) or never saw (like The Muppets). Still, I'm not in the demographic for things like the movies she seems to usually does so its entirely possible thats shes famous to a lot of people. To me, she's just a woman I've seen in small parts or in a bad movie like Night at the Museum 2, and those seem to be what her normal role is.

On another topic, that #11 TV spot was really underwhelming. It also had enough explosions to make Michael Bay jealous, but that seems to be every TV spot for Superman anyway.

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Adams is beautiful, charming, intelligent, extremely talented, and one of the biggest actresses on the planet right now.

She'll be a fabulous Lois. Why is this even an issue?

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Its a totally superficial observation
Something you seem to have a knack for.

I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm saying superficial when it comes to looks, and she's the only part of the movie i've commented on in that way. My other complaints aren't what I'd call superficial. They may not be valid for everybody (some people would love this to be as dark, depressing, slow, and boring as Nolan's batman movies) but, outside of the admittedly superficial complaint about Amy Adams being very bland looking and forgettable, I haven't brought up superficial stuff very much. Maybe I said the Superman suit sucks (and it does, although not as much as the current suit in the comics) but the suit could be pink and lime green for all I care if the movie was good.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote