View Single Post
Old May 30 2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: Oh come on Spock, it sucks! Big Deal. (SPOILERS)

Flake wrote: View Post
[KIRK] Congratulations Spock, you just saved the world.

[SPOCK] You violated the Prime Directive !

[KIRK] Oh come on Spock, it sucks! Big Deal.
When this line was uttered I had flashbacks of various Prime Directive episodes and speeches for a split second! Particularly Picard speeches. I know the Prime Directive was broken a lot but it was not simply brushed aside so nonchalantly as Kirk does here in this exchange. I was quite shocked by this line from Kirk.
Bullshit, when Spock was concerned about breaking the Prime Directive in the Apple Kirk brushed him off by saying Spock looked like Satan after spending the whole episode brushing off Spock's concerns about them meddling.

Now I understand why he did it and I understand that Spock probably talked him into the whole mission (instead of doing it Kirks way were the Enterprise probably zooms in from orbit above the volcano in full view) and I am glad he saves Spock for obvious reasons but instead of 'It sucks, Big deal' he could at least acts like he is concerned that he has broken the prime directive and dreads the consequences.
When the hell was Kirk ever concerned about violating the Prime Directive to save the Enterprise and overthrow the evil computer god?

In fact the only times he ever really cares about it is when the bad guys are doing it to either mold the pre-warp civilization to their liking or to get rich after killing a shit load of natives to suck up to another group.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote