View Single Post
Old May 30 2013, 04:00 PM   #18
indranee
Vice Admiral

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread

Malaika wrote: View Post
If you add Kirk/Carol too this will become the Kirk's show and him and Spock won't be equal as protagonists anymore and honestly I'm not interested about a Kirk show. My biggest problem with this movie is how Kirk centered it was. Been there, done that.
The Orci/Kurtzman Trek will always be Kirk-centered, though. IMO Bad Robot sports a serious hard on for the dude.

Besides, I never liked the original Carol and I never thought that the Kirk/Carol thing was supposed to be this big love story that we absolutely need to see again in another reality. I mean, they have a fling when they're young and they have a son but Carol denies Kirk the chance to know him so kirk doesn't even know he exists he gets to know that only many years later when he's old and it's too late to be a father.
I think Carol did tell him that David was his long before TWOK. I didn't get the idea from TWOK that she never told Kirk until the events of TWOK. Where did you get that impression?

I have to add that reading the after darkness comic is sort of confirming my worries about her character and how she seems forced.
putting under the spoiler tag
Hmm... yes, it's worrisome. Ugh.
indranee is offline   Reply With Quote