View Single Post
Old May 30 2013, 05:51 AM   #52
Timby
I AM the League of Mallows...

Re: NHL 1st Round 2013 playoffs

Sheep wrote: View Post
All I can say is thank goodness Howard didn't continue playing balls to the wall like he did for the better part of three consecutive games, stopping all but 2 shots out of almost 90 attempts at one point. If the defense hadn't completely hung him out to dry in the first game and given up a bajillion Hawks shots, this series could have turned out very differently.
I think the Blackhawks are going to have a very rough time with the Kings. Detroit succeeded when they had a heavy, aggressive forecheck going and were basically crashing the net; Los Angeles is going to do that, and they're going to do so with more firepower and a deeper roster. I also don't see LA's defense being as erratic and inconsistent as Detroit's guys were; the Red Wings had some serious mental lapses in the last few games (like that long change that led to the goal early in the 2nd tonight), and the Blackhawks' D is prone to falling asleep at points. I really don't see the Hawks matching up well against the Kings.

I'm also not convinced that the Blackhawks can take another 7-game series. They looked tired tonight. Yeah, they were aggressive and played well for the most part, but there was a lot of ugly frustration clearly evident out there.